Saturday, October 25, 2008

Funny Fiona

Fiona,

It was a long week this week. I was out the door very early every day, just five minutes after you woke up on most days. Returned home late a few days, and I felt like I hardly saw you.

I've been looking forward to this weekend all week, when I knew I would have today with you and Norah all to myself. You have grown up more since I last spent quality time with you. But you are still a stinker, and getting into everything lately. Your new thing is to take milk or yogurt, or whatever food you are done eating and finger-paint with it on the doors going out to the deck. You make such a mess!

Little things you did today that surprised me--you counted sheep in a book with me ten. And you pointed out "Two pumpkins on the wall, Mommy." That seems very advanced to me for a just-turned two year old. You talk a lot, and you sang little songs to yourself a lot today, too. While you and Norah were playing together in her room today, you took her little teddy bears and put one of each of them into a little drawer cabinet that she has in her room. I thought that it was very inventive, because the drawers fit the bears perfectly, and you had one little bear tucked neatly into each drawer.

You gave me a devil of a time trying to change your diaper today. You are in that weird place where you don't want to feel a dirty diaper, but you can't give it up yet. Soon I predict.

Your Daddy and I marvel at you and adore you every day. You are quite the little daddy's girl at the moment. And you are gorgeous and funny and we love you.

Mommy